The record we want to beat: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/1/rowing-(team-men)-distance-in-24-hours
What: Rowing (team - men) - distance in 24 hours : 263 km
When: Friday June 14th 2013, 10:30 AM until Saturday June 15th 2013, 10:30 AM
Where: Royal Amsterdam Rowing and Sailing Club De Hoop
1091 EH Amsterdam
There will be drinks and food available for fans Friday evening in the living room (kleine societeit) and Saturday morning! Call: Ansgar John: 06-295 47 689 or Oscar 06-14810663 to get in if the door is closed.
Who: Ansgar John Brenninkmeijer, Oscar Dinkelaar, Gert-Jan Keizer, Jacques Klok, Jeroen van Renese, Hans-Jan Rijbering. All rowing for De Hoop.
Royal Dutch Rowing Federation official judge: Nico van Horn, Kamprechter A
Boat: Single scull: "Schapenwal"
Planned rowing times and distance:
|Bijz.||Roeier||van||tot||Oude WR||#km prognose - lineair||Shift||Prognose target|
|Vrijdag||Start: Ansgar John||10:30||11:45||13,6||14,8||1||14,80|
|22:00 Z. onder||Jeroen||21:45||23:00||136,6||148,0||2||14,80|
|5.16 Z. op||Jeroen||5:15||6:30||218,2||236,8||3||14,80|
|20 minutes sprints||9:00||9:15||248,5||269,4||4||3,00|
|door snelste roeier|
Champagne breakfast at the Hoop at 10:30 on Saturday if we are succesful.
Guinness Book of World Record Rules:
DEFINITION OF RECORD #44642
This record is for the greatest distance rowed within 24 hours.
This is to be attempted by a team of up to six people.
GUIDELINES FOR ‘ROWING – GREATEST DISTANCE ON FLAT WATER IN 24
1. The team may be made up of no less than two and no more than six people. Itis up to the team to decide the rowing combinations i.e. all six may row at once
or be split into relay shifts.
2. The same boat must be used for the entire event.
3. The record attempt must take place on a pre-measured circuit on a body of
4. If the record attempt takes place on a river, at least 50% of the paddling shouldbe against the flow of the river (thus, for example, if 100 km are covered during
the course of the event, at least 50 km must be upstream). It is recommended
that the boat is paddled back and forth along a length of river no more than 5
km in length.
5. Distances are calculated by multiplying the number of laps by the circuit length.
6. The circuit must be professionally measured and the method and person
responsible for this must be made clear in the claim.
7. Paddling must resume at the same place it ended after breaks.
Guinness World Record: Most in 24 hours template
§ The event must take place in a public place or in a venue open to publicinspection.
§ The event is continuous. The clock does not stop. 24 hours means a complete24-hour cycle including rest breaks. For example, if the event starts at 12 noon
on Monday, it must finish at 12 noon on Tuesday.
§ The participant may take as many breaks as he/she wishes, but the clock mustnot stop at any time for any reason. The point where the journey breaks must
be marked and the participant must restart from that point.
§ A loud start and finish signal recognized by all participants must be used.§ Experienced timekeepers (e.g. from a local athletics club) must time the
attempt with stopwatches accurate to 0.01 seconds.
Comments, questions or E-mails welcome: ajbrenninkmeijer (a) gmail.com